March 31, 2017

March 2017 - Out of This World

Jeanne here!  I am so excited to be The 12 Kits of Occasions host this month!   I put together a kit that's just Out of this World! Everything in the kit has an "outer space" theme. There's Starshine papers from American Crafts and stamped images from Altenew, My Favorite Things, Reverse Confetti and Paper Smooches. I knew I wanted to try some different techniques for backgrounds so I included some watercolor, and bristol papers too.   You can find a list of all the ingredients by clicking on the "Monthly Kit 2017 Supplies" tab at the top of this page..

Whenever I receive a kit in the mail I place all the ingredients in a tray.  I mix and match elements - always trying to focus on what's in the kit.  When it's all over I look at what's left and call that my little "trixie".  I put this kit together so there shouldn't be anything I didn't work with.. but if I have to tell you to watch for one element this time it would be the Space Needle die cut.  Yes.. I know this is a Seattle landmark, but is sure looks like its from another world so I added it to the kit.  I think it would look right at home in any futuristic city!    Here's a peek at the kit...

I invited a special friend to play along!  Richard's been my guest since my very first kit and I am so happy he keeps coming back for more. Thanks for helping me choose a theme Richard! 

We know the kit is more fun when YOU can play along too so we are gifting a kit every month. I couldn't resist having more than one prizes - so for this kit we have three lucky winners joining us!



And here are projects from The 12 Kits of Occasions Design Team! 

7 comments:

Betty said...

Thanks again Jeanne for choosing me to be a part of your challenge this month - had so much fun putting cards together from all the good stuff you sent!

Nora Noll said...

I have a couple left to go but have to go to work. ALL THE DESIGNERS BLOGS ROCK!! Such fabulous cards and so fun to see the different designs everyone used.

richardbreaks said...

Oh,WOW! So many clever ideas. Jeanne, you killed it with this kit! You can't go wrong with ANY of these elements. Thanks so much for having me play along, once again! I loved it!!

Janis said...

Thank you for inviting me to join the fun with this fabulous kit! It was definitely "Out of this World"!! I had a great time!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

Karenladd said...

I saw this kit on Richard Break's blog and had to come over for a closer look...where I saw a guest design card by my bloggy friend, Janis! How fun to see so many creative and whimsical cards that are definitely out of this world. LOVE the space theme and this kit idea.

Laura Volpes said...

I just found your blog, and I have to say that it's really really cool! What a great idea! Can't wait to see more!

Kathy Mc said...

Looks like another awesome kit, Jeanne, and some very creative projects! I'm pretty sure I need that Space Needle Die. 😉